Saturday, April 09, 2005

Giving Head

Who could avoid a title like that? I finally got myself a styrofoam head for my business website so I could start taking photos. It was a plain white styrofoam head. $3.00 at a wig supply shop, which apparently are hard to come by around here.

Anyway, after some acrylic paint, she's all gothed up. Awww!


Isn't she cute?

I spent some time working on some knitting. Not much though. Mark's comissioned hat is almost done. I just have to add the dreadlocks. Drew's one dredlock, and the false ones I have to knit. I wonder if I felted them if they would look real??? Hmm.

So here are some pictures of the basic hat on my mannequin head. She needs a name. Any ideas?:





I can't get the colors just right on my photos. I don't know why that is. The burgundy was some yarn purchased looooong ago. The varigated were Mill Ends purchased at A.C. Moore. Anyone have any idea what brand that is? Or colorway? It's 100% acrylic. I want to say Red Heart, but it doesn't look like any Red Heart in the store. Caron, maybe?

I also went yarn shopping. Since we scrapped the shawl, and my Mother still needs a contest shawl, we found one in the new Vogue Knitting. We're (why do I say we? I!!!!) are going to widen and legnthen it into a shawl. It's the leaf scarf. We got some yarn at JoAnns. I had fun shocking my mother when she found out that TLC Cara Mia was $8.00 a skein. She nearly shat herself.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I also have knit up a couple new things for the website. A neckwarmer, and wristlet set in pink and white. I'm going to ad some lace to the wristlet, and ribbon to the neckwarmer. It'll be really girly and completely Elegant Goth Lolita.


My mother, for a change, spent more on yarn than I did. Considering we're in a tight financial situation right now, this was funny for me. Not so much for her. Here's the loot:



Two skeins of Patons Divine in Halo Blue. $5 a skein. Total of $10
1 skein of TLC CaraMia in Pistachio $8 a skein
1 skein of Lion Brand Cotton Ease in Pistachio. Unsure of the price.
1 skein of Lion Cotton in SeaSpray.

Then we had my shopping haul. All acrylics under $3.00


2 Skeins Caron Wintuk, 1 in Royal the other in Autumn Red
1 skein Lionbrand Chunky USA in Pacific Blue
1 skein Caron Simply Soft in Heather Grey
1 skein Red Heart Super Saver in White.

We then headed over to walmart to get the other beauties you see there. Each of the following clocked in at $1.50 each.
2 skeins of Mainstays Home in color 2942 "Old Time Country"
1 skein Red Heart Super Saver in Pale Green.

I also have the Mill Ends and Super Saver pink stuff from the A.C. Moore trip the other day. I'm buying quicker than I can knit.

We've got a knitting machine on layaway though. Which is good. Because if I'm doing this for profit, I need to up my manufacture.

Also, last time I'd forgotten to show you guys the best Ipod cover of all. The skull!



That pattern was a bitch to draft.

Coming soon:
Details on my PhillyKnits projects.
Cinnamon Bun hat
Finished Dredlock Hat

3 Comments:

Blogger RedThread said...

Sweet skull pattern! Care to share? it would look cool on a hat!

8:16 PM  
Blogger missqfoster said...

Hi, This is my first Blog so be patient with me. I was surfing the web, looking for a skein of yarn that I desperately need to finish a project (my new son-in-laws Christmas stocking) and see it mentioned in your blog. My heart began beating wildly because Caron is no longer making their Wintuk yarn in Autumn Red 3262. Would you, by any sweet chance, be willing to sell it to me??? If so, name your price and let me know how much for shipping. I live in San Diego, CA. Let me know what you think, please.
By the way, your Blog is cool.
Susan Foster
missqfoster@yahoo.com

9:57 AM  
Blogger Tori said...

The mill ends from ac moore were probably caron- did they come in a 1 lb bag? You can get them online for about $3.50, but you don't get to pick the color :( And they're only $3 when you buy 24 bags or more, because everyone needs 24 lbs of colors they didn't pick (and that's still $72 w/o shipping!) I'm still trying to decide if they're worth buying, was the texture good?

10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home