Saturday, March 12, 2005

Pointe Shoes and Yarn

Wow. It was a double doozy day.

I've been knitting up Ipod covers all week to get my webstore started. I've got a leisurely goal to open at the beginning of May. Please, wish me luck, I need it!

My art projects are going good. I've got a painting of my knit headphone covers, and a painting of my cat (with her tongue sticking out, no less!). My teacher comissioned a pair of shoes covered in eyelash yarn. Wonderful. In exchange, I'm getting a whole bunch of electric blue microchips to make jewelery from...They're made by Ducati. I'm so excited.

Also, I went shopping today. If you couldn't tell. Neitzie's Nook is closing, so all their stock is 25-75% off...Whoo! I got some Lamb's Pride Worsted and some Plymouth Galway. I think I'll either make a purse or a pair of slippers. Both felted, of course. I've been wanting to felt something for a while now. Turns out they also have Plymouth color 355...which, if you'll recall, I had to look all over for to get some for Tatania. Grrr. As of right now, they're only open on Saturday's....That place feels like Brigadoon. Seriously.

I also picked up a pair of Swallow Caesins this week...Last friday, actually. Or did I post about that already? Anyway, so far, I love them. I definately am going to purchase more. But at $10.95 a pair, I think I can restrain myself. For now.

In other news, You'll get to see some photos of me in my new Capezio Tendu II pointe shoes. The dance store was also going out of business. I got them, and a pair of convertible tights (which I've been dying to try for a while).

If you can't tell...Knitting and dancing are my two passions.

Now if only I could combine the two....

7 Comments:

Blogger Christina said...

Wouldn't it be dangerous to knit while dancing? Maybe knitting dancewear would be better. And safer.

Be sure and post an address for your webstore when you get it opened!

1:43 PM  
Blogger Julia said...

Good Luck with the store! I know my husband needs a Treo cozy, so if you're feeling really adventurous, maybe you can carry some of those on your site too!

-Juls

11:36 AM  
Blogger Brandie said...

Good luck getting the store up and running! =)

2:48 PM  
Blogger natasha said...

i just checked out your blog, and it is so great...i live about an hour east of pittsburgh...where is your town in relation? any clue? i hope you are doing psychologically better, you seem very in tune with yourself, especially being so young. amazing. i still don't know what the hell is going on in my head. all i can say, is he'll be sorry. and it will be too late. ha!

7:38 PM  
Blogger melloman said...

Kitten GREAT title Pointe Shoes and Yarn. I am actually looking for jewelery related information to give my customers on my website. I paused at the title and ran out of time to read, but will book mark you and come back latter to check you out some more. I am off to find some other jewelery related blogs. Thank you.

8:05 PM  
Blogger melloman said...

Hey Kitten GREAT title Pointe Shoes and Yarn. Thats what actually caught my eye. I was surfing blogs to try and help my customers and visitors with information on my website about ##Keyword## and paused to read but ran out of time. I will book mark it and come back to read later. This isn't really what I was looking for what I really need is information about http://www.horse-lover-gift-ideas-central.com related subjects but thank you and I shall return. I wish you well.

4:22 PM  
Blogger Purses Purses 123 said...

Hi Kitten. I was searching on the search engines for purse & handbag related websites using the keyword firman purse rubber and found your awesome page with the title Pointe Shoes and Yarn. I am looking for ideas on how to improve my own site using different keywords and was amazed how easy it was to find your site using the keyword firman purse rubber. Maybe we could do a link exchange at some point. Take care.

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home